Saturday, August 30, 2008

Letter of Recommendation Canada

I would like to offer my most sincere reference for Pasang Dendi Sherpa. During the fall of 2006 Dendi acted as a guide for my girlfriend and I. Throughout our two week trek to Everest Base Camp / Kalla Pattar, Pasang Dendi was able to provide cultural insights and connections to the local people that I am certain we would not have been able to achieve on our own.

He is a very organized guide and he managed some of the trip details in a manner that did not distance us from the experience of traveling. The trail to EBC is straight forward and non-technical. To this extent I am not able to speak to Dendi’s technical abilities in the mountains other than to say that I myself am an Association of Canadian Mountain Guide certified Day Hiking Guide and I appreciated his pace and sense of awareness on the trail. I am certain that Pasang Dendi’s presence during our trek added value to the experience.

He is a friendly man with a decent handle on the English language. If you are looking for a guide I would recommend that you contact him, ask many questions, and see if his services match what you are looking to experience in Nepal. It certainly did for us. If you would like more information please feel free to contact me at thee-mail address below. Cheers!
Ben Gallivan
Canada

SherpaGuide

Namaste, My name is Pasang Dendi Sherpa and I am a professionally qualified Mountain and trekking guide here in Nepal. I have many years o...